High Quality Online Learning Resources for Instruction
Utah State University
- Course Design
- Online Resources
- Wrap Up
- Show All
- Instructors will be able to quickly find, evaluate, select and use online learning resources.
- Instructors will know more about how to integrate online learning resources into course design.
- Instructors will learn about evaluation criteria for online learning resources.
Why Online Learning Resources?
Break into pairs and discuss: "Why do you or why would you want to use online learning resources in your courses? Why not?"
The IA is a service of the
Quick Overview of Course Design
Appropriate selection of online learning resources entails:
- Understanding of context of use;
- Identification of course goals;
- Identification of student learning outcomes;
- Design of learning activities;
- Assessment of student learning.
Finding Online Learning Resources
Some repositories and digital libraries:
Selection and Reviewing
Some considerations (see handouts):
- Questions to consider when selection online learning resources
- Evaluation criteria for Merlot learning materials
Revisit Resources and Wrap UpRevisit online learning resources repositories with questions and rubric in mind.
Action plan: What are 3-5 things you can take from this and directly apply to planning and teaching? What else do you need to know?
Share action plans.