Welcome to the Instructional Architect (or, the IA).
Click on the following topics for more in-depth information on how you can use the IA and online resources in your teaching.
show all (to print)
Overview of this project
The Instructional Architect (IA) is a tool that enables educators to easily access and acquire online resources, organize and adapt those resources into activities for their students, and make those new activities available to a variety of audiences.
We are always trying to improve the IA. Some recent changes can be see on:
If you have any suggestions for improvements, new features, or general feedback, please contact us at the email address at the bottom of the page.
To use the IA, please log in using one of the following methods
A note about the links on this page
The links will do two things:
- open new windows, remember to close windows when done;
- automatically turn on the help feature in the IA pages, to turn it off click "close help" in the menu at the top.
The IA is a service of the
The my resources
part of the IA offers three ways for finding
and one way to organize
your instructional resources. (Read more at selecting quality resources.)
To add stuff to your my resources
page follow these steps:
- Access one of the finding pages
- Select the items you want (not in 'add own resource').
- Choose a folder in which to add the resource.
- Click on 'ok' next to where you chose the folder (or 'save' in 'add own resources')
If you find that you would like to remove a resource from your list, simply click 'delete' on the far right of the line.
You can also separate your saved resources in folders on the my resources
page. (Read more at Organizing your resources.)
Creating a folder
- Type in the new folder name
- Click 'create'
The new folder should be created and show up in your resource list as being 'empty'.
Moving resources between folders
- Select the resource(s) you want to move
- Choose the destination folder
- Click 'move resource'
It's that simple!
The my profile
page is where you tell us about you. This is the same page that you used for registration, so if you have already filled that out the you can skip this part.