These are a list of links and activities about Heredity and Traits.
ACTIVITIESWhere Did It Come From? (UEN)
- Talks about the topics in the 5th grade science core. BEST PICK!Heredity (BrainPop)
- Video and activities about Heredity. BEST PICK!Study Jams: Heredity
- Video and short quiz about Heredity. BEST PICK!Dog Breeding (PBS Kids)
- An interactive experience where you need to figure out which animals to breed to get a specific trait. BEST PICK!!!!Naturewalk (AMNH)
- Talks about Nature vs. Nuture or in other words traits that you are born with vs. traits you learn.Heredity & Traits (U of U)
- I like the tour of the basics, both the What is Heredity? and What is a Trait? The slideshow of observable traits is fun too.
***The Utah Museum of Natural History has some "Teaching Toolboxes" for teachers to check out and use in their classrooms. Read more about what is available on their website. http://nhmu.utah.edu/educators/teaching-toolboxes