Trimethylxanthine is not a very sexy sounding name yet it is the most popular beverage in the United States. How much do YOU know about it?
The following article can tell you a lot.
Coffee has a history
After reading it, see if you can answer the following questions:
1. In what form was coffee originally ingested?
2. Describe how a 'primitive Power Bar' was made.
3. Where was coffee first developed into a hot drink?
4. What year did cofee first cross the Atlantic?
5. What gives coffee its kick?
6. How much caffeine is in a 6 ounce cup of drip-brewed coffee?
The following article also offers some history, but its main feature describes a very important environmental issue concerning coffee.
Shade Grown Coffee
What is that issue?
And what does it suggest that people in the US, as the largest coffee consumers, can do about it?