This project will show Utah teachers and educators through how to use UEN to store documents and how to link to those documents in the IA.
There are 3 stages: Adding the documents manager, Uploading a document into UEN and then Adding the document as a resource in the Instructional Architect.
To upload a document into UEN.
To add the documents manager:
- Create a UEN account.
- Go to "Edit my personal page"
- Add page content (Upper right hand corner)
- Go to "My Stuff" and then "Documents Manager."
To add documents to the documents manager:
- Click the edit button to get into the document manager (it is the pencil with paper button in the buttons on the top right)
- Click the "Add" button next to "Documents Manager"
- A section of your page called "Documents Manager" will appear (you may have to scroll).
- To upload documents click the "Edit Button" (looks like a piece of paper with a pencil)
- Then "Add a document"
- Browse on your computer to find the document, and give it a name and click "upload"
To add it to the IA:
- With the IA opened to "add your own resource" opened in 1 window or tab and UEN opened in a different window or tab
- In your UEN page go to your documents manager:
- Place your mouse on the link to the document you want to link to from the IA. Then:
- on a PC, right click on the link
- on a Mac, hold down the 'CTRL' button and the mouse button at the same time
- A menu will appear with options like "Open Link in a new window / Open link in a new tab, etc.." Go to "Copy Link Location"
- Go back to the IA (with your "add your own resources" page open), put your cursor in the "Type a valid URL" and
- on a PC, holding down the "CTRL" key, tap the "V" key (CTRL-V)
- on a Mac, holding down the "Apple" key, tap the "V" key (Apple-V)
then type in a title for your document / resource.
- Click save and then add the document as you would any other resource.