This project will guide you through adding images to your IA projects using Google Picasa
Adding an image is more difficult than a YouTube or TeacherTube Video
- Please don't link directly from the site the image is found on to your IA project.
- Instead you'll need to link to it from web space you have already.
- This is easy, Google has a free service called Google Picasa that allows you to link images from it. It is similar to Flickr, if you are familiar with Flickr.
- The following will guide you through using Picasa
To use Google Picasa
- If you don't have a google account you will need to create one, which is free. Go to: Google Picasa and sign up for an account.
- If you do have a google or Gmail account you can just go to "Photos" which is either in your top left menu bar or under "more".
- Once you are in Picasa you can upload pictures directly into your account on the web:
- After you have uploaded pictures you can then link to them in the IA.
Now it is very similar to embedding a video:
- Locate the picture you want to upload and click on it
- On the right side of your screen you'll see an option to "Link to this photo"
- Click on that
- Decide on the size you want it to be: thumbnail, small, medium,or large
- Then click the "Image only, no link box:
- Then highlight the "Embed" code and copy (ctrl or apple v) it.
- Then, using the image button in the IA, which will open a small window:
copy the "Embed Code" into the Image url box:
- and you get this:
This is complicated, but once you get it down it can be easy and make your projects even better!